Apply for Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class
Who is Eligible under the Canadian Experience Class
Individuals eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class are temporary foreign workers or foreign graduates working in Canada. Individuals are required to have general knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience.
Canada permits applications for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class for:
- Temporary foreign workers; or
- Foreign graduates with Canadian educational credentials.
In addition, applicants are required to have work experience in a managerial, professional, skilled trade or technical occupation.
Applicants are required to have:
- temporary resident status during their qualifying period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training in Canada;
- work experience in occupations which meet the minimum requirements for workers with Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC);
- the qualifying work and study experience needed at the time the application is made;
- knowledge of English or French (speaking, reading, listening and writing);
- not engaged in work or attended school without authorization;
- not remained in Canada after the time authorized to do so has expired;
- not been found inadmissible to Canada on grounds such as health or security.
Applicants are also required to have:
Temporary Foreign Workers:
- 24 months of work experience within the last 36 months.
- 12 months of qualifying work experience within the last 24 months.
- graduated from a recognized post-secondary educational institution and obtained the necessary Canadian educational credential.
Please visit the IRCC (formerly known as CIC) site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609E2.asp
How to Apply under the Canadian Experience Class
The application process to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class involves five (5) steps:
- Obtain an application.
- Understand the application guide.
- Complete the application form and include all the necessary documentation required.
- Calculate and pay required fees.
- Submit application form and required documents.
For more information on the Canadian Experience Class, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/cec/apply-how.asp