|Simplifying Immigration| is not affiliated with the Canadian Government or any Government Agency.

Visas and Permits

Visas and Permits

Visitors to Canada generally need to obtain permission to visit the country and will also need specific permission to work or study in Canada. You can apply for visitor visas, study permits, work permits and extensions for these documents here.

Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257)

Get Started

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is required for foreign visitors to Canada. This visa designation is only for a temporary stay. More permanent presence in Canada can only be authorized through permanent residency.

Work Permit (IMM 1295)

Get Started

In order to work in Canada, foreign visitors must first receive a work permit. Applicants have to meet a set of strict requirements before they will be granted a work permit.

Study Permit (IMM 1294)

Get Started

Canada has some of the best schools and universities in the world and visitors who wish to take classes for periods of time longer than six months will have to apply for a study permit.

Extend Your Stay as a Visitor (IMM 5708)

Get Started

Although you cannot extend your stay as a visitor in Canada indefinitely, it can be extended. This application can be filed while you are still in Canada.

Extend Your Stay a Student (IMM 5709)

Get Started

Students can apply for an extension of their study permits provided the expiry dates on their passports have not yet passed. This application can also sometimes be used to restore one's status as a student.

Extend Your Stay as a Worker (IMM 5710)

Get Started

Temporary workers in Canada can extend their work permits up to four years. This application should be filed concurrently with one's visitor visa.

Work Permit as a Student (IMM 5710)

Get Started

Temporary visitors to Canada who have study permits may be eligible for work permits as well. However, it is important to note that these permits may expire at different times and the due dates for extensions may differ.

Where Do I Start?

Give us some quick information and we'll point you in the right direction.

CIT 0001Citizenship Certificate for Adults and Minors (Proof of Citizenship)

CIT 0002Canadian Citizenship under Subsection 5(1) - Adults 18 Years of Age and Older

IMM 5444Permanent Resident Card

IMM 1436Request to Amend the Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents

IMM 1344Who can Sponsor a Relative for Canadian Permanent Residence?

IMM 0008Family-based Immigration Application with Form IMM 0008

IMM 5710Application to Change Conditions or Extend your Stay in Canada as a Worker

IMM 1294Apply for a Canadian Study Permit with Form IMM 1294

Contact Us

Goto Top


Immigration Direct helps you complete your immigration application affordably, and conveniently through an easy-to-use immigration software solution. We are not affiliated with Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or any government entity. We do not file your immigration application for you. Instead, we give you all the materials you need to confidently build your own immigration application, and file with IRCC at your own direction.

To deliver to you the best experience possible, our site uses cookies. By continuing to use our website without changing your settings, you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and our use of cookies. You can find out more about our privacy policy here.Got it