|Simplifying Immigration| is not affiliated with the Canadian Government or any Government Agency.


Welcome back. Go to your forms.

Apply for Permanent Residency Based on Your Work Experience

Apply for Permanent Residency Based on Your Work Experience

People who were educated and have worked in Canada can apply for permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class program.

What is the Canadian Experience Class?

Canadian Experience Class is an immigration program that allows people who already have immigration experience in Canada to immigrate permanently.

This is a particularly useful program for folks who studied in Canada and also got some work experience while they studied.

Am I eligible for Canadian Experience Class?

The following are some of the requirements for the Canadian Experience Class:

  • A year of full-time work experience or equivalent within the past three years
  • A record of getting said work experience with valid permission to reside in Canada
  • Ability in one of the official languages of Canada: French or English
  • Skilled work experience in a National Occupation Classified job of 0, A or B type.
  • An education that is equivalent or higher than Canadian secondary school

How to Apply for Canadian Experience Class

All applicants looking to immigrate permanently to Canada through their job or work experience need to apply for the Express Entry program.

Once in the Express Entry pool, applicants are then selected for positions and permanent residency cards.

Be sure to hurry! Only 8,000 Canadian Experience Class permanent residency slots are available each year!

Goto Top


This site uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By continuing to use our website without changing your settings, you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and use of cookies. More InfoGot It