|Simplifying Immigration| is not affiliated with the Canadian Government or any Government Agency.

Request to Amend Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents

Request to Amend Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents

Prepare and complete Form IMM 1436 to request an amendment of your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688). You may also use this form to correct errors made by IRCC (formerly known as CIC) on certain valid Temporary Resident documents. Complete your application quickly and correctly with our step-by-step guidance that leads you through each question.

Fast, Easy, Professional. Let us help you complete a IRCC (formerly known as CIC) application today!

Price $19.95 (CIC fees not included)

Requesting an amendment of your Record of Landing or Confirmation for Permanent Residence

Form IMM 1436 is the application to amend a Record of Landing or Confirmation for Permanent Residence. Only if the errors have been made by the IRCC (formerly known as CIC) are you able to correct them with this form. This form cannot be used to amend current changes in your status. For example, if you have gotten married and changed your name since you arrived in Canada, amending your Record of Landing will not reflect this name change as the Record of Landing must reflect your status at the time it was originally issued.

Requesting an amendment of your Temporary Resident document

If IRCC (formerly known as CIC) has made an error on your Temporary Resident document, then you may submit form IMM 1436 to request that the error(s) be amended.Your personal information, such as date of birth and name, must match the personal information on your valid passport. If this information does not match, please submit form IMM 1436.

Form IMM 1436 may not be used to amend changes to your personal information that were made after you entered Canada. For example, if you changed your name because of marriage or divorce after your initial entry into Canada, you are not eligible file form IMM 1436; you will need to apply for a new document.

The following Temporary Resident documents may be corrected by filing form IMM 1436:

  • Visitor Record (IMM 1442)
  • Work Permit (IMM 1442)
  • Study Permit (IMM 1442)
  • Permit to Come Into or Remain in Canada (IMM 1263)
  • Temporary Resident Permit (IMM 142)

You may request to correct the following information:

  • Family name
  • Given name(s)
  • Date of birth
  • Country of birth
  • Citizenship
  • Sex
  • Marital status
  • Date of original entry
  • Date of landing

The following documents will need to be included with your request:

  • Form IMM 1436
  • A copy of IMM 1000, Record of Landing, a copy of IMM 5292 or IMM 5688, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or your original Temporary Resident Document that you are requesting to amend
  • Certified Copy of your passport/ travel document
  • Certified Copy of 2 of the following
    • Birth Certificate
    • Baptismal Certificate
    • Marriage Certificate
    • Identity Card
    • School Record
    • Hospital Record of Birth
    • Employment Records
    • Driver's Licence
    • Family Register (Taiwan)
    • Family Composition Certificate (People's Republic of China)
  • Proof of urgency, if you qualify for urgent processing

Goto Top


Immigration Direct helps you complete your immigration application affordably, and conveniently through an easy-to-use immigration software solution. We are not affiliated with Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or any government entity. We do not file your immigration application for you. Instead, we give you all the materials you need to confidently build your own immigration application, and file with IRCC at your own direction.

To deliver to you the best experience possible, our site uses cookies. By continuing to use our website without changing your settings, you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and our use of cookies. You can find out more about our privacy policy here.Got it