|Simplifying Immigration| is not affiliated with the Canadian Government or any Government Agency.


Welcome back. Go to your forms.

Apply for Federal Skilled Trades Program

Apply for Federal Skilled Trades Program

Trade workers who want to immigrate to Canada based on a job offer can use the Federal Skilled Trades Program to get permanent residency.

What is the Federal Skilled Trades Program?

The Federal Skilled Trades Program allows workers in certain trades to get permanent residency in Canada.

Trades that can be used for this program include the following categories:

  • Industrial trades
  • Electrical trades
  • Constructions trades
  • Maintenance trades
  • Equipment operation trades
  • Supervisors
  • Technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and other fields
  • Processing trades
  • Manufacturing trades
  • Chefs and cooks
  • Butchers and bakers

What are the requirements for Federal Skilled Trades Program?

One of the main requirements for this program is having the skills and work experience in one of the preferred trades as mentioned above.

Applicants are also expected to

  • Not live in Quebec, which has its own immigration system separate from the rest of Canada
  • Be fluent in English or French
  • Have two or more years of full-time work experience
  • Meet the job requirements for your specific trade as outlined in the National Occupation Classification (NOC)
  • Have an offer of employment. This job offer needs to be guaranteed for at least one year to meet the requirement.

How do I get started?

The first step to immigrating to Canada through a job is to enter into the Express Entry pool.

The Express Entry system is the first step to getting a job and permanent residence in Canada.

Goto Top


This site uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By continuing to use our website without changing your settings, you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and use of cookies. More InfoGot It