The Wizard is designed to provide potential immigrants with useful information on what they need to do in order to come to Canada. Initial responses to the program were positive and it appears that the Wizard is a success as an information generation system.
Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, Jason Kenney, commented on the Wizard as being yet another program designed to “continually improve our services to immigrants,” according to a press release from CIC.
This is how the Immigration Wizard works:
Below are some of the questions that you will be asked if you choose to use the Immigration Wizard:
- What would you like to do in Canada?
- How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
- What is the country of nationality of your passport?
- What is your current country of residence?
- Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent Resident and is 18 years old or older?
- What is your date of birth?
Depending on the answers that you give to the Wizard the questionnaire will further study your qualifications for application. At the end of the exam you will be presented with a website which will give you this information:
- Whether or not you are eligible to come to Canada on the visa that you specified.
- What forms you may need to use during your application process.
- What your collection of points (if applicable) means.
Updated on 28th May 2018.