Apply for Renewal of Canadian Passport Using Form PPTC 054
About Form PPTC 054
Form PPTC 054 is used by individuals who want to renew their passport using the Simplified Passport Renewal form for Canada.
Using the Simplified Renewal Application PPTC 054 individuals do not have to resubmit proof of Canadian citizenship, supplementary identification or guarantor information.
Who Should Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for a passport renewal using the Simplified Passport Renewal application form PPTC 054:
- you must have been at least 16 years of age at the time of your previous application;
- your name on the application is the exact same as it appears on page 2 of the submitted passport;
- you must submit a previous Canadian passport that:
- was/is valid for five (5) years
- is not damaged
- was never reported lost or stolen and
- either was issued to you in Canada and is valid or expired for no more than one year
- or, was issued to you outside of Canada after April 30, 2006
Canadians residing in the United States may apply through the Simplified Renewal Application Process by mail or in person at a Passport Canada service location in Canada.
Canadians abroad will not be able to apply through the Simplified Renewal Application Process unless they do so in person at a Passport Canada service location in Canada AND pick up the passport in person in Canada.
In order to complete a Simplified Canadian Passport Renewal application, the following requirements should be accomplished:
- Both pages of the application form should have been completed and signed within the last 12 months
- Two (2) identical passport photos must have been taken within the last 12 months. Photos do not need to be signed.
- Any Canadian passport issued to you within the last six (6) years from the date of reception of this current application must be included.
- The applicable fee should be paid.
- All documents submitted throughout the travel document application process that are written in a language other than English or French must be translated by a certified translator.
Individuals may be required to apply for a passport through the general application process using form PPTC 153, or provide additional documents or information in support of this application.
For more information, visit http://www.ppt.gc.ca/cdn/ren.aspx