Apply for Canadian Passport for Child Using Form PPTC 155
About Form PPTC 155
Form PPTC 155 is used by children under the age of 16 who wish to apply for a Canadian passport. Form PPTC 155 is the Child General Passport Application for Canadian children under 16 years of age applying in Canada or from the United States.
A Canadian passport is the only dependable and universally accepted travel and identification document for Canadians who wish to travel abroad.
Canadian passports are issued to Canadian citizens only.
Who Should Apply
- Canadian children under 16 years of age applying from within Canada or the United States for a Canadian Passport.
- If applying for passport for an individual 16 years of age or older, use the application form PPTC 153, Adult General Passport Application.
In order to submit a complete Child Canadian Passport application, the following requirement should be accomplished:
- Application form should have been completed and both the pages signed within the last 12 months.
- Two (2) identical passport photos of the child taken within the last 12 months must be included.
- Application form PPTC 155 and one of the photos must be certified by the guarantor.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship (original only) must be included.
- Provide any valid Canadian passport or travel document issued to the child.
- Provide all documents that refer to custody or mobility of, or access to, the child.
- Include the applicable fee.
- All documents submitted throughout the travel document application process that are written in a language other than English or French must be translated by a certified translator.
- It may be required to provide additional documents or information in support of this application.
For more information, visit http://www.ppt.gc.ca/form/index.aspx