About Form IMM 5444E
Form IMM 5444E is used by individuals with permanent resident status in Canada, who are applying for their first Permanent Resident Card or for a renewal or replacement of a Permanent Resident Card.
The Permanent Resident Card is the official document that provides secure proof of Permanent Resident status.
This application is for permanent residents within Canada who would like to apply for:
- an initial (first) Permanent Resident Card;
- a renewal of a Permanent Resident Card that has or will soon expire; or
- a replacement of a Permanent Resident Card that has been lost, stolen, or damaged
Who Should Apply Using Form IMM 5444E
Generally, individuals are eligible for a Permanent Resident Card only if they have entered Canada through the immigration process and have been granted permanent resident status.
If you become a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident Card is not required.
You can apply for a Permanent Resident Card if:
- you are a permanent resident of Canada and
- you are not a Canadian citizen or registered Indian under the Indian Act.
Form IMM 5444E Requirements
In order to be eligible for a Permanent Resident Card, the individual must:
- be a permanent resident of Canada.
- be physically present in Canada.
- not be under an effective removal order.
- not be a Canadian citizen or a registered Indian under the Indian Act, and
- not be convicted of an offense related to the misuse of a Permanent Resident Card
What Are the Steps in the Canada Permanent Residency Process Using Form IMM 5444E
- Complete your application quickly and correctly with our step-by-step guidance that leads you through each question.
- Pay the government filing fee online.
- Gather your supporting documents and submit them with your application to IRCC (formerly known as CIC).
- Upon approval of your application, report to the local IRCC (formerly known as CIC) office to collect your card.
Forms you may also need to file
Start Your Application