Probably the first step to ask yourself when considering Permanent Residency in Canada is why you want to move to Canada.
There are so many different answers, appropriate for any sort of taste. Below are some reasons that you may want to consider for immigrating to Canada:
- You have family in Canada. You have some relatives who already live in one of the provinces and you would like to move to Canada to be closer to them.
- You want to start working in one of the strongest economies in the world. You have skills that Canada need or you are a professional in a line of work that Canada lacks and you want to contribute to the country’s strength and make some money for yourself too!
- You want to start living in Canada, but you’re still a student and haven’t quite developed the skills that Canada prefers. This isn’t a problem, there’s a program for you too!
- You have some capital that you want to invest into a business in Canada and hire people within the country.
- You want to take advantage of Canada’s guaranteed civil liberties and human right.
Below, we’ll give you some ideas for where you should start on your journey to immigrating to Canada:
If you have relatives who are citizens or Permanent Residents in Canada they can sponsor your immigration process into Canada. Eligible relations:
- Grandparents, and
Federal Skilled Worker Program
People who have experience in important trades are wanted in Canada. Provinces in the Western part of Canada are particularly in need of skilled professionals and they will sponsor your Permanent Residence if you are able to meet their qualifications.
Canadian Experience Class
Deciding to become a student in Canada is an excellent idea! Canadian universities are regarded as some of the best in the world and you will find a world of opportunities available to you upon completion of your studies. This is particularly true because of the Canadian Experience Class of Permanent Residency. Canada doesn’t really want to just kick you out of the country upon your completion of your stories, rather it would be preferable to have you now live in Canada permanently. Check out the Canadian Experience Class for more information.
Start-Up Visa Program
People who have a good amount of money to invest into the Canadian economy can apply to come to one of the provinces to start a business and begin to hire Canadian employees. This program was only recently introduced and applications will be accepted soon.
Refugee or Asylee Status
Canada is considered to be one of the freest countries in the world and as a result is a prime destination for refugees and asylees. There are a few different ways to immigrate to Canada as a refugee, most of the time it occurs when you have entered a port of entry and declare asylum within the Canada.