What is Form IMM 5409?
The Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, Form IMM 5409, is used by people who wish to claim their common-law partner in their immigration applications.
This form can be used with a variety of applications such as:
- Family-based immigration applications
- Temporary Residence Visas
- Visa extensions
- Student permit applications
- Worker permit applications
Who can use Form IMM 5409?
This form is to be used specifically for applicants who have common-law partners
What are the requirements?
In order to be able to use this form and declare a common-law partner, you will need to be common law partners for at least one year and supply supporting documents that show that you are in a committed relationship. Documents that you can use include:
- Property agreements with both you and your common-law partner
- Proof of joint bank accounts
- Life insurance policies