Apply for Canada Citizenship using Form CIT 0002E Online!
Prepare and complete your Citizenship Application today! Complete your application quickly and correctly with our easy-to-use Form NavigatorTM technology.
Canada Citizenship Form CIT 0002E
Form CIT 0002E is used by individuals of 18 years of age or older, who have been permanent residents and who wish to apply for Canadian citizenship. Individuals must:
- have resided in Canada for at least three of the past four years preceding the date of application.
- be able to speak and communicate in English or French (adults 55 years of age or older are exempted).
- have general knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship (adults 55 years of age or older are exempted).
Individuals with a criminal record, facing criminal charges or subject to immigration enforcement action may be ineligible for citizenship.
Who Should Apply for Canada Citizenship using Form CIT 0002E
Form CIT 0002E is for individuals who want to apply for Canadian citizenship and meet the following general criteria:
- persons aged 18 years of age or older.
- permanent residents (landed immigrants) of Canada.
- persons having met the citizenship residence requirements.
Canada Citizenship Requirements
In order to qualify for Canadian citizenship, individuals must meet the general eligibility requirements:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- be a permanent resident (landed immigrant) in Canada;
- should have lived in Canada for a total of three (3) years (1095 days) out of the four (4) years on the day before you apply. You may count ½ time (up to a maximum of 730 half days which equals 365 days credit) for the time you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident. The time you resided in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as full time.
- know enough English or French to engage in a simple conversation; and
- have general knowledge about Canada’s history, geography, government, and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship to pass a citizenship test (adults 55 years of age and over are exempt).
What are the steps in the Canada Citizenship Process using Form CIT 0002E?
- (1) Complete your application quickly and accurately, with our easy-to-use Form NavigatorTM technology.
- (2) Pay the government filing fee online.
- (3) Gather your supporting documents and submit your application to CIC.
- (4) Upon notification from CIC, appear for the Citizenship Test and Interview
- (5) Upon approval, get sworn in at the Citizenship Ceremony