After you have obtained your Canadian visa (easy application assistance can be found here) and permission to enter the Dominion of Canada you will need to make sure that you have everything you need to enter the country.
The Canadian government provides a checklist of things that you need to bring with you upon your entry to Canada. This blog series will detail these items and help you make the transition into Canada as easy as possible. We also provide help in filing for a Permanent Resident Card and even citizenship.
The following documents are incredibly important when coming to the border of Canada and must be kept with you at all times. It is also important to keep in mind that it is necessary to have the originals as well as translations into either French or English. You should have these documents for everyone who is immigrating with you.
- A Canadian immigrant visa,
- A Confirmation of Permanent Residence,
- Itemized lists of all of the things you are bringing with you to Canada. There should be separate lists for things on your person and coming later. You must have two of each.
- If you are bringing children with you they will need to have documents that record their immunizations.
Additional recommended documents to take with you:
- Birth certificates,
- Marriage documents,
- Records that establish family relationships,
- School records,
- Professional certificates,
- Reference letters,
- Your resume,
- Documents pertaining to the operation and maintenance (both mechanical and administrative) of your automobile,
It may also be prudent to include photocopies of all of the above documentation in case you may need it. These documents are needed for your inspection upon entry to Canada to ensure the safety and well-being of you and the Canadian people.