Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document
Prepare and complete Form IMM 5009 to obtain a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document. Complete your application quickly and correctly with our simple-to-use Form NavigatorTM technology.
Applying for a Verification of Status (VOS)
A Verification of Status document can be used as proof of historical immigration information and will contain information that was included on any of the following immigration documents:
- IMM 0056, Certificate of Departure
- IMM 1000, Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing
- IMM 5292 (or 5688) Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- IMM 1097 (or 1442), Visitor Record
- IMM 1102 (or 1442), Work Permit
- IMM 1208 (or 1442), Study Permit
- IMM 1214, Exclusion Order
- IMM 1215, Deportation Order
- IMM 5238, Departure Order
- IMM 1263, Permit to Come Into or Remain in Canada
- IMM 1203, Authorization to Return to Canada
Applying for a Replacement of an Immigration Document
Form IMM 5009 is the application to obtain a replacement of a Temporary Resident document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed. You may file to have the following documents replaced:
- Visitor Record
- Work Permit
- Study Permit
- Temporary Resident Permit
- Permit to Come Into or Remain in Canada
What is the IMM 5009 Application Process to obtain a Verification of Status or Replacement of an Immigration Document?
- Complete Section A "Personal Details". This section will ask you for personal information including your passport number and the date you entered Canada.
- Complete Section B "Documents Requested". Indicate if you are applying for a Verification of Status document of a replacement of a Temporary Resident Document. Indicate which particular document you are requesting.
- Complete Section C only if you entered Canada as a permanent resident before 1973.
- Provide supporting documentation including copies of birth and marriage certificates.
- Pay the processing fee.
- Submit your application.